Value Strategist, Client Services Team
It is a unique and exciting time to join Chemistry, as our growth trajectory means there are lots of opportunities to grow and develop yourself as we work together on scaling the business.
As a Talent Strategy Consultancy, we use our pioneering What Great Looks Like (WGLL™) methodology to create unique insights and positive business impacts for our clients.
Everything we do is focused on understanding who can perform in any given context. By analyzing comprehensive behavioural, attitudinal and psychometric data, we are able to outline core capabilities required for business impact, key performance indicators for specific roles and to work with clients to remove institutional factors obstructing performance.
About the role
The most important characteristic of our Client Service function is its ability to blow our clients minds with the talent insight and business impact it creates, whilst returning industry-leading levels of profitability and employee engagement.
As a Value Strategist, you will work in collaboration with our delivery and sales leads to ensure that we are delivering realised long-term value for our most important accounts. You will be instrumental in shaping, creating, modelling and ultimately communicating our key client account value propositions, as well as playing an active role in turning this into practice across Chemistry. We don’t want to just ‘do projects’ with our clients, we want to deliver a step-change in their performance - and be able to measure it - this is where you come in!
In addition to this, you will also have the opportunity to impact how we work across Chemistry by identifying areas in need of improvement and working with the rest of the team on designing and implementing new initiatives to enable Chemistry to scale.
- Work with the Client Services Team to drive forward key client relationships and business development strategy by developing a deep understanding of the client's business strategies, and anticipating how those will translate into Talent Strategy needs
- Engage across the Chemistry team and its core clients to identify business requirements, build compelling business value propositions and provide financial projections, working closely with the Sales team
- Build compelling business cases and proposals, including bespoke, detailed Return on investment (ROI) analyses for our clients that bring to life the awesome impact we have
- Leverage internal and external insights to identify opportunities to develop & deliver new initiatives that will drive growth and improve the customer experience
- Support the Chemistry Client Services team with structuring complex commercial proposals and developing negotiation strategies for key strategic accounts
- Drive best practice by defining and rolling out new business value Account planning templates and tools across the Client Services Team in the UK and USA
- Become a subject matter expert on the sector, and our own practice strengths
Your success will be measured by
- Ability to articulate (and measure) the value that working with Chemistry will bring and make this accessible and compelling
- The confidence that clients show in your analysis
- Your creativity in how we measure the impact of our work
- Excellent ability to develop a detailed strategic design brief from basic guidance and direction
- Experience in contributing to the growth and development of a sales operations team
- Knowledge of account planning, forecasting, business cases and financial modelling
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business or accountancy or a related field
- Strong relationship management skills: the ability to manage contacts up and down throughout internal and client organisations
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to multi-task whilst keeping attention to detail
- Superb numerical and Excel skills
- High energy team player: the ability to rally support from multiple resources
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present and discuss complex value propositions to client senior executives
- Experience with building interactive dashboards or using visualisation tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to handle ambiguity and move forward with imperfect information in a constantly changing environment
Whilst we would love you to have all of these skills, we understand that might not always be the case. If you are 90% of the way there maybe we can work through how to help you develop the last 10%
When we say our intent is to give everyone the opportunity to be brilliant at work, we, of course, extend that to you too. This is why we ensure that our employees have plenty of benefits. Here are some of them:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days of holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare cover
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection cover
- Wellbeing contribution
- Flexible working, with offices in Central London
- Working with great colleagues :)
We have an office in central London, and when it is safe to do so, we will use our office to connect and collaborate with each other. We will also continue to provide our team with the option to work from home. If you join our team, we will trust you to decide when you need to be in the office and when you need to work from home to achieve the best results.
Currently, we are following government advice and working mostly remotely.